How to start trading, exchanging and buying Cryptocurrency on eToro’s platforms?
Trade Crypto on eToro. Table of Contents
- eToro's perfect cryptocurrency investment solution
- 3 ways to invest in Crypto with eToro
- eToro Cryptocurrency Investment Platform
- eToro Cryptocurrency Exchange Platform
- eToro Cryptocurrency Wallet
- What is Cryptocurrency and Blockchain?
- What Cryptocurrency you can invest on eToro?
eToro’s perfect cryptocurrency investment solution
Build on eToro’s experience as a world leader in the financial technology field since the early days of the blockchain to offer you a complete cryptocurrency investment solution. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned investor, accessing a world of cryptocurrency-related services has never been easier.
- Invest in cryptocurrencies safely on a regulated platform trusted by millions of users.
- Access powerful analytics tools, innovative social features, and automated risk management.
- Without interruptions
- Store, transfer and manage your cryptocurrencies with ease in a single account.
3 ways to invest in Crypto with eToro
There are mainly 3 trading platforms and ways to invest in Cryptocurrency markets with eToro.
Three Products, One Comprehensive Cryptocurrency Experience.
1. Investment platform – An easier way to buy cryptocurrencies
- Buy or sell cryptocurrencies instantly.
- Hassle-free deposits and withdrawals.
- Free market research and analysis tools.
- Connect with other cryptocurrency investors and copy their trades.
2. Exchange platform – Advanced cryptocurrency exchange platform
- Institutional-grade algorithmic investment capabilities.
- Great liquidity and low spreads.
- List of crypto assets and stablecoins on the rise.
- A unique set of tokenized assets.
3. Coin purse – EToro Multi-Crypto Wallet
- Supports more than 120 cryptocurrencies.
- Convert cryptocurrencies to each other.
- Security key impossible to lose.
- On-chain address: transfer your cryptocurrencies anywhere on the blockchain.
Touch the all-in-one solution that makes cryptocurrencies accessible and easy to manage anytime, anywhere.
eToro Cryptocurrency Investment Platform
An easier way to buy cryptocurrencies.
eToro offers investors, whether they are beginners or experts, a comprehensive cryptocurrency investment experience, in a powerful yet simple platform.
Invest in leading cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, ADA, and more.
1. Create Your Ultimate Cryptocurrency Portfolio
Invest in a wide variety of major cryptocurrencies and cryptocurrency pairs
Follow the trends of each currency with advanced charts and analysis tools
Create a personalized watch list and stay informed with real-time updates
Staking Service – Maintain and grow your cryptocurrency portfolio with the appropriate strategy
2. Never invest only in cryptocurrencies
eToro is much more than just a place to invest. Use the award-winning social trading features to connect with more than 15 million users around the world and find top crypto investors to copy with the CopyTrader ™ feature.
You can easily transfer cryptocurrencies from your portfolio to the eToro Wallet. Go to the Portfolio screen on the platform and click on the appropriate open position. The transfer option will appear on the “Edit operation” screen, under “Invested amount”. Another pop-up window will appear showing you the number of units in the transaction, the commission that will be paid for executing this transaction, and the final number of units (coins) you will receive in your wallet.
3. Your cryptocurrencies Your Way
You can invest in cryptocurrencies in two different ways. You can buy the actual tokens and invest them on a cryptocurrency platform, or you can invest in derivatives based on the price of the underlying cryptocurrency. Depending on the local regulations in your country of residence, you can take one or both actions on the eToro platform.
The cryptocurrencies that you invest in through the eToro investment platform can be easily transferred to the eToro Wallet at any time, allowing uninterrupted use of your digital assets.
4. Start investing in cryptocurrencies with confidence
eToro does not charge any fees, other than spreads, for investments or deposits.
The currency used in the operations carried out on the eToro platform is the USD. If you deposit or withdraw funds in a different currency, a currency conversion fee will apply.
eToro charges a $ 5 fee for fund withdrawals and the minimum withdrawal amount is $ 50.
- Real-time information
- EToro investors can access the latest cryptocurrency market news and research for free.
- Personalized risk management
- Set “Stop Loss” and “Take Profit” values that suit your strategy and automatically protect your investments.
- Practice with $ 100K
- Try all the features of the eToro investment platform risk-free with a virtual portfolio containing $ 100,000.
eToro Cryptocurrency Exchange Platform
Professional and advanced cryptocurrency exchange platform.
EToro’s advanced cryptocurrency exchange platform, eToroX, offers a progressive cryptocurrency investment experience for algorithmic investors, institutional investors, and seasoned crypto investors.
Investing in cryptocurrencies for algorithmic investors, institutional investors, and seasoned cryptocurrency investors.
- Great liquidity, low spreads and competitive rates
- eToroX offers the high liquidity and low spreads of the eToro investment platform. There are no fees for making crypto deposits , and investment fees are only 0.03%.
- A unique set of assets
- eToroX offers a continually growing list of cryptocurrencies, cryptocurrency pairs, and tokenized stablecoins, such as USDEX, GOLDX, EURX, GBPX, and many more.
- Offers protection, reliability and total security
- eToroX, a regulated and secure platform, harnesses the value of the experience, knowledge and wisdom of the best in the fields of security, blockchain and cryptocurrencies, and uses it to eToro’s advantage.
eToro Cryptocurrency Wallet
The eToro Wallet is an easy and secure digital wallet, which allows multiple cryptocurrencies.
120+ cryptocurrencies supported.
Buy, save, receive and transfer more than 120 cryptocurrencies in the wallet easily and easily, and exchange any of the more than 500 pairs.
The easy and secure digital wallet, allowing multiple cryptocurrencies from eToro.
- Conversion between cryptocurrencies
- Convert any of the 500+ cryptocurrency pairs to other crypto assets, all in the eToro Wallet, without the need to move / transfer anything to any other site.
- Private key impossible to lose
- Use your eToro Wallet’s private key (security key) service to help you regain access to your wallet, when necessary.
- The direction in the chain
- Store, receive, and transfer your cryptocurrencies anywhere on the blockchain, with your personal, unique and completely private chain address.
- Simple, secure, online
- You can download it for free. Also, you will be able to easily access the Wallet using your eToro credentials. eToro Wallet, one of today’s most secure wallets, includes several high-security features and ISO 27001/27032 standardization protocols.
The eToro Wallet is one of the most secure wallets today, with several high-security features that protect it from unauthorized access, such as multi-signature, DDoS protection, and standardization protocols.
All users from supported countries who have fully verified their accounts will be able to use the eToro Wallet.
In addition, it will be necessary to verify the phone number.
Deposit Cryptocurrency to eToroX account
Currently, it is only possible to deposit cryptocurrencies to your eToroX account.
You can find the full history of your account activity in the “Reports” tab of the exchange platform. Here, you can view all your open, canceled, trades, deposits, and withdrawals.
You will also find the option to export your trading history as a CSV or Excel file in the upper right corner.
The minimum amount of USDEX that you can buy with USD is $ 50,000.
How to send Cryptocurrency from eToro Wallet?
Transferring coins refers to the act of withdrawing coins from the eToro platform to send them to the eToro Wallet. To do this, click on a position in your Portfolio to open the “Edit Trade” window. If the position meets the requirements to be transferred, the option to transfer will appear under the “Inverted” field.
- Log into your wallet account through your mobile device.
- On the ‘Balance’ tab, tap on the type of cryptocurrency you want to send.
- Touch «Send». On this page, select the amount you want to send and enter the recipient’s public address. Enter the public address or tap the camera icon to scan the recipient’s QR code, which will automatically enter the public address.
- Make sure you have entered the correct address and then tap ‘Submit’.
- An SMS with a verification code will be sent to your mobile phone. Enter the code you have received and touch “Verify”.
- That’s all! A screen will appear to confirm that your submission request has been received. You can check the status of your request on the “Transactions” screen.
You can find the up-to-date list of all crypto assets and tokens supported by the eToro Wallet on the Wallet Fees page under the heading Send transaction limits.
Requirements to transfer Cryptocurrency from eToro Wallet
You can find an up-to-date list of transferrable crypto assets in the Cryptocurrencies section on the Market Hours and Fees page under the Cryptocurrency Transfer Fee heading. eToro will update this list as other currencies become available for transfer as well.
Only BUY (long) and unleveraged positions that are backed by real currencies (not CFDs) can be transferred to the eToro Wallet. Also, margin trading cannot be transferred to the eToro Wallet.
Coin transfer is available to all users in certain countries, however, there are certain limitations as detailed below:
The position you want to transfer must have an invested amount or a present value that does not exceed the total amount of eligible deposits made.
You can transfer coins at any time up to the value of any deposit made by Electronic Funds Transfer, Neteller, Skrill, Rapid Transfer, or local online banking. eToro may take up to one business day to process transfers.
However, if you wish to transfer coins up to the value of any deposit made through the following payment methods, a certain number of days must have elapsed since your first deposit. The number of days will depend on your level in the eToro club.
What is Cryptocurrency and Blockchain?
A blockchain is a decentralized ledger where encrypted data can be transferred securely, making it almost impossible to duplicate or falsify it. This ledger forms the basis of any cryptocurrency transaction.
A cryptocurrency is a way to invest in digital currencies and other digital assets independently of any third-party entity, such as a government or a bank. These transactions take place on a decentralized ledger system called a blockchain. The first cryptocurrency was Bitcoin, which is still the most important digital currency, followed by Ethereum, XRP, and others.
What Cryptocurrency you can invest on eToro?
eToro offers a wide range of the world’s most popular cryptocurrencies and is constantly adding new currencies to invest in. eToro’s current offer includes:
- Bitcoin ( BTC )
- The largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization, considered the first large-scale implementation of blockchain technology.
- XRP by Ripple Labs ( XRP )
- This popular cryptocurrency enables real-time payments with higher transaction speeds and lower costs. It is already being used by many well-known brands.
- Ethereum ( ETH )
- Ethereum has received international recognition and support from tech giants like Microsoft and Intel. Besides payments, Ethereum also supports “smart contracts.”
- Bitcoin Cash ( BCH )
- A “hard fork” designed to be the solution to the backlog of transactions that Bitcoin experienced. The block size of Bitcoin Cash is eight times that of Bitcoin.
- Ethereum Classic ( ETC )
- Although Ethereum Classic has a much smaller market capitalization than Ethereum, it is still a very popular cryptocurrency.
- Litecoin ( LTC )
- It was the first cryptocurrency to implement SegWit, a method of speeding up transaction times without compromising the underlying blockchain technology.
- Dash ( DASH )
- Relying on Bitcoin technology, Dash’s additional infrastructure allows for faster transactions and greater liquidity, although, unlike other cryptocurrencies, Dash is a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO).
- Stellar Lumens ( XLM )
- By operating under a single consensus algorithm and not through mining, Stellar can facilitate transactions between various currencies, whether they are fiat or digital.
- NEO ( NEO )
- Also known as “Chinese Ethereum”, NEO was designed to be easily modified and not be able to experience forks.
- EOS ( EOS )
- Upon its launch, EOS quickly became a top ten crypto, with a powerful open source infrastructure capable of supporting thousands of commercial-scale decentralized applications (DApps).
- Cardano ( ADA )
- Inspired by Ethereum, Cardano is distinguished by its double layer structure where each one of them runs separately, unlike Ethereum, where both layers are intertwined.
- IOTA ( MIOTA )
- By relying on a proprietary ‘ blockless ‘ chain called the Tangle, IOTA is laying the foundation for a decentralized network to power the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Zcash ( ZEC )
- Zcash encrypts the contents of protected transactions, ensuring that the issuer, recipient, and transferred amount are confidential.
- TRON ( TRX )
- Tron’s goal is to create a decentralized alternative to digital content distribution through one of the largest blockchain-based operating systems in the world.
- Tezos ( XTZ )
- Tezos’ September 2018 Initial Coin Offering (ICO) was one of the largest in cryptocurrency history, raising a record $ 232 million.
- Binance Coin ( BNB )
- BNB is a utility cryptocurrency that allows users to unlock discounts on exchange platform fees for transactions made on the Binance platform.