BitMEX is a place to trade financial derivatives on Bitcoin and altcoins vs. G10 fiat currencies.
BitMEX exchange offers standardised futures and options.
You can trade Bitcoin just like any other financial asset on BitMEX.
Overview of BitMEX
- BitMEX is a derivatives exchange that offers leveraged contracts that are bought and sold in Bitcoin.
- BitMEX only handles Bitcoin. All profit and loss is in Bitcoin, even if you’re buying and selling altcoin contracts. BitMEX does not handle fiat currency.
- BitMEX allows trading with a high amount of leverage.
There are 5 main navigation Tabs of BitMEX:
- The trading dashboard of BitMEX. Here you can select the instrument you wish to trade, select leverage, place and cancel orders, view important information in the contract details and see your position information.
- This tab displays all your account information such as current Bitcoin and Available Margin Balances, Deposit and Withdrawal information, Trade History and Affiliate information.
- This is an important tab for information related to the instruments such as the Funding History, minimum contract sizes, leverage offered, expiry, Funding, underlying reference Price Index data, Settlement History and a few other pages relevant for a trader.
- This is the education corner of BitMEX. Here you can learn about Futures, Swaps, how positions are Marked, when and how Liquidation occurs, BitMEX Fees, Support and other informative material to help you understand the Exchange.
- Here you will be able to find out information pertaining to developing and maintaining an API connection with BitMEX. We offer a fully featured REST API and a powerful streaming WebSocket API.